Author Topic: translating the rules...(NEW QUESTIONS, HELP PLEASE)  (Read 5689 times)

DoctorJ6

• TDA Member
translating the rules...(NEW QUESTIONS, HELP PLEASE)
« on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »
NEW QUESTIONS
1)
one-player-to-a-hand rule, that i have find in the 40 and 41 rules, what does is mean???
i need an explanation about...

2)
i dont reed any rules about player talking in a live hand, em I wrong when I remember a rule about was not possible talk for more than two player in a live hand???

Im trasleting the rules in Italian language

i need to know what is the meaning of the phrase in the rules 8

8. Declarations
Cards speak. THIS IS CLEAR

Verbal declarations as to the content of a player's hand are not binding; THIS IS CLEAR

however, any player deliberately miscalling his or her hand may be penalized.
IN ITALIAN LANGUAGE THIS IS NOT CLEAR, THE WORD "MISCALLING" NEED TO BE EXPLAIN.....

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME???????

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 04:58:12 PM by DoctorJ6 »

AleaLeedsCardRoom

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: translating the rules...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
If you are at show down on a paired board and one player declares a full house, to get the other player to muck his hand, but then only turns over 2 pair, then he has misscalled his hand.  In other words, he lied about the contents of his hand to make the other player(s) muck at the showdown so he could take the pot uncontested.

Lewis

chet

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »
"Miscalling", I define it as follows:

A player who says he has a hand (I will describe as X), when in fact his hand is something different, usually NOT a winning hand.

For example, Player A says I have an Ace high flush, when you look at his hand clearly, he does not have an Ace high flush as he thought the Four (aka 'the one legged Ace') was an Ace.  Along the same line, a player says he has a flush, but one of his hole cards is in fact the other suit of the same color.

I can accept mistakes such as the above from new, inexperienced players, I cannot accept such mistakes from a known experienced player (although I am sure we have all made similar errors from time to time).  Did the player deliberately miscall his/her hand in an attempt to get the other player to muck?  If so, it is a violation of the rule.

The important part is was the miscall deliberate or was it a genuine mistake.

Hope this helps!!

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
DoctorJ6,
While I was writing, Lewis gave a perfect example. I can confirm exactly what he said.

Miscalling your hand means; You may not, deliberately, overstate your hand, or announce a better hand than you really have. This might make a player discard their winning hand. This is very unethical. Example; at the showdown, Player A says he has three kings, the other players muck their cards only to find that Player A only has two kings. What you say means nothing, until the hand is confirmed by properly showing the hand, face up and horizontal on the table for all to see.

Chet's response is probably the most important. The intention of the player must be considered. Deliberate, or accidental?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:30:23 PM by Nick C »

DoctorJ6

• TDA Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »
thanks guys, i wasnt sure of the perfect meaning, and in Italy, where the rules are not well knowing, was really important for my translation your posts....

Thanks

Andrea