Author Topic: 2013 TDA Rules  (Read 92606 times)

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
2013 TDA Rules
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »
Follow the link below for the Official Poker TDA 2013 Rules Version 1.1, released August 11, 2013 in five different formats to suit your needs:

http://www.pokertda.com/poker-tda-rules/

This board is solely to provide navigation to the latest rules. If you have questions about a particular rule or wish to suggest new rules or amendments, please choose the appropriate forum board for those topics.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:07:24 PM by MikeB »

Tony Dunn

• TDA Member
Re: Here are the Latest TDA Rules...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »
I know that this is not an overnight process but when will the new rules be posted?
Serious poker is no more about gambling than rock climbing is about taking risks. -- Alfred Alvarez (2001)

chet

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:33:36 PM »
Easy Tony:

EVERYONE and I mean every single person on the TDA Board of Directors and whatever support personnel they have, do this because of their love of poker.  There is NOT ONE person involved with this who does this as their primary vocation.  It is all done voluntarily and totally without compensation.  Having been involved with the prior Summit, I remember how much back and forth there was subsequent to the Summit between everyone on the TDA Team to make sure the rules they published accurately reflected the discussions and decisions made.  It was several weeks before they released the initial format. 

I know they are working diligently, but remember Matt's primary responsibilities are with Savage Tournaments and the WPT.  Linda and Jan have full time commitments to Card Player Cruises and Dave Lamb has responsibilities with Savage Tournaments as well as his own work with, I think it is the Peppermill in Reno. 

The rules will be published shortly and personally I would rather they take a few extra days to make sure they get it right than to release something that needs to be fixed later on.

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
Poker TDA Rules, Version 2011.1.0 have now been published and are available at:
http://www.pokertda.com/poker-tda-rules/

DCJ001

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:24:27 AM »
Rule 10 says:

"any player deliberately miscalling her hand..."

I find it odd that, since the majority of the players in open events are male, that "her" is being used instead of "his."

It may be best to consistently say "his/her."

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »
It makes the language a bit tedious to be 100% PC, for example:
"If a player folds out of turn his/her hand will be dead but he/she will not be penalized if he/she has not done this in his/her playing history". It was originally drafted in alternating genders (one rule male, the next female), then finally decided to do it in all male, this is one that slipped through.

Any cardroom that wants to can edit he/she throughout on the docx or RTF versions, it won't change the meaning and is 100% TDA compliant.

DCJ001

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »
I understand that saying "her" slipped through. But, since the majority of the players in open events are male, it makes sense to consistently say "his." Saying "her" in one rule out of 55 implies that, for this one rule, there's a high probability that a female would be involved in miscalling a hand (because females don't pay attention to the cards or are not as intelligent as the male players, etc.). I'm sure that no one would want to give this impression. Right?

The rules should be written consistently and correctly.

There are other areas in the rules that, if I had written them, would have been written to better specify the thoughts at hand. But this one rule just jumped out in a way that led me to believe that whoever approved it wasn't paying attention.

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »

There are other areas in the rules that, if I had written them, would have been written to better specify the thoughts at hand.
Suggestions are always welcome. In 2009 there was a Version 2.0 released about a month after 1.0. That may again be the case this year.

JasperToo

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 05:45:20 PM »
Thanks Mike and all the rest for the hard work.  I have to say that after my initial read through I thought everything very well reflected what I heard at the summit.  I only have a small issue with "Accepting Action"  and that may only be because it was my first read through and I didn't quit get it. 

Thanks again!

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »
Gentlemen:

After looking over the arguments over his/her....I came to the conclusion that "their" is a more appropriate word.

Any player deliberately miscalling their hand may be penalized.

DCJ001

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »
"Their" is inappropriate because it suggests more than one person.

Nick C

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 06:09:48 AM »
DCJ001:

WEBSTER-2.)  In place of the definite form his or hers.

pokerxanadu

• TDA Member & Active Poster
    • The Principality of PokerXanadu
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
I just read the new version of the rules.  I think the changes are excellent!
-Martin

Nick C

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »
I would like to go over the new Recommended Procedures, just to see how other's may feel. I will add my thoughts on the next reply.

RP-1. All-In Buttons. It is advisable to use an all-in button to clearly indicate that a player’s bet is “all-in”. It is preferable to have these buttons kept by the dealer rather than each player. The dealer places the all-in button in front of an all-in player, in full view of the rest of the table.

RP-2. Bringing in Bets is Discouraged. Routinely bringing in chips as betting and raising proceeds around the table is poor dealing practice. The reduction in bet stacks may influence the action, create confusion & increase the risk of error. The TDA recommends that dealers do not touch a player's bet unless a count is needed. Only the player currently facing action may ask the dealer to bring-in chips.

RP-3. Personal Belongings. The table surface is vital for chipstack management, dealing, and betting. The table and spaces around it (legroom & walkways) should not be cluttered by non-essential personal items. Each cardroom should clearly display its policy on items that may or may not be allowed in the tournament area.

RP-4. Disordered Stub. When cards remain to be dealt on a hand, and the stub is accidentally dropped and appears it may be disordered: 1) it is first preferable to try to reconstruct the original order of the stub if possible; 2) If not possible, try to create a new stub using only the stub cards (not the muck & prior burn cards). These should be scrambled, shuffled, cut, & play then proceeds with the new stub; 3) If when the stub is dropped it becomes mixed in with the muck & burncards, then scramble the stub, muck & burncards together, shuffle, and cut. Play then proceeds with the new stub.

RP-5. Premature Board Cards. Board and burn cards are occasionally dealt prematurely by mistake, before the action on the preceding round is finished. A wide number of possibilities can occur, affecting the flop, turn, or river and their respective burns. When dealing the new board card(s) it is preferable to include the non-revealed original board & burn cards that remain in the stub as part of the new board & burns, if possible.

Nick C

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »
RP-1 I think the idea of an all-in button is great. I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems using it.
 a.  What happens if the all-in button is put in, by the dealer, and the player has more chips?
 b.  Exactly where should the dealer place the all-in button after the player goes all-in?

RP-2 I can understand how bringing-in bets can cause some confusion in multy handed pots, and I agree it is not a good dealer practice. I do think that it could be accepted when action is head-to-head. When a player makes a bet, and the other player pushes in a raise, I think that matching the players original bet and placing the equal amounts of the original bet (from each player) into the pot would make the raise amount easier to assess.

RP-4  My feelings on re-shuffle are; A scramble or mix of the cards, (not the standard shuffle) would better guarantee that no cards are exposed. The standard shuffle requires that the cards be gathered and picked-up facing away from the dealer before gathering them together for the first riffle. This would be unacceptable because it would expose the identity of remaining cards.

Your thoughts are always welcome.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:47:51 PM by Nick C »