Author Topic: Chip Race off  (Read 5330 times)

drsison1

• TDA Member
Chip Race off
« on: June 20, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »
My father-in-law played at the Sahara, las vegas, evening tournament a couple of weeks ago. When it was time to race off the green chips, which they have done in the past, the dealer started to color the odd chips up. He asked the dealer why he was not racing off,  and the dealer told him that it was a gaming violation now to race off chips.  ???This can't be true?? The reason I asked this question here is because I think I will get a quicker response here than on  the Gaming Website. I deal on the strip and we still race off, is this a rule or Law that hasn't come into effect yet?? It just doesn't sound right..

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Chip Race off
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:56 AM »
I havent seen heard anything tba it sounds like a lazy card-room manager IMO

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:22:10 AM »
I tried to talk with someone from the Sahara Poker Room but, it is too early, they were not open yet. Here is the direct phone # (702) 737-2317.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:52:01 AM »
I just got off the phone with the card room manager at the Sahara. His name is Rick and he was very giving of his time. He heard of a similar incident in the past where a green chip was discovered after the chip race was completed. The chip will not be colored-up, it will be removed from play. Rick also informed me that the Sahara ALWAYS has a chip race in their tournaments and has no idea why that happened. He also said that he follows the TDA rules for all of his tournaments. I thanked him for his time and he couldn't have been nicer.