POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Table talk

(1/5) > >>

MaxH:
Hi all,
Two players left in a hand. Player A pushes his stack and announces: 'Don't call I have the nuts!' and player B folds.
What action should the TD take?
Best,

chet:
This players statement is a violation of TDA Rule #41 - No Disclosure, "Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times.  Therefore, players, whether in a hand or not, may not:

1.  Disclose contents of live or folded hands,
2.  Advise or criticize play at any time,...

If this is the first instance, I would advise both players that talking about either hand is unacceptable and that any future instances will result in a penalty.

Hope this helps1

Stuart Murray:
agreed with chet,

Whilst he has not divulged his hand he is coaching or leading another player into a certain action.

I would certainly give the player a single missed hand penalty as a slap on the wrist if it is first offence, otherwise I would escalate to round penalties, but the hand will continue and the issue be dealt with after the hand is complete.

I have found myself rather than issuing warnings, giving more and more single hand penalties to encourage discipline amongst players, as warnings seem to have no or little effect, whilst a missed hand at least gives some kind of penalty without being unduly harsh to the player.

Best Regards
Stuart

MaxH:
Thanks gents.

Nick C:
gentlemen,
 I think the key here is, two players left in the hand. To me, that is nothing more than table talk. There is no collusion because there are no other players in the hand. What happens when the game gets to head to head? You can't penalize a player by dealing him out, can you? In my opinion, the rules are different when only two players are involved. To me, it is very similar to the restriction on raises being waived when action is head to head in a limit game.

That's the way I see it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version