POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Rule 46 question

(1/4) > >>

Mathieu Perchoc:
Hello everyone.

I have a question regarding rule 46 :

"Adding multiple new chips is a Rule 45 multiple chip bet if one of the smallest new chips is not
needed to make the call (drop a 1k and 500 chip onto the two 25’s is a total bet of 1550). Per
Rule 45, a silent multi-chip bet is a raise if it hits the 50% threshold; otherwise it is a call."

A bets 400
B raises 1000
A puts 1200 (1000, 2x100) without touching his/her 400.

Is it a call or a raise to 1600?

In other words, do you add the untouched chips only once it's established it's a raise per rule 45 or do you add the untouched chips to established if it's a raise per rule 45 ?

ps: Whatever the answer is, I think a clarification should be added in the next version.

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: MathieuP75 on August 09, 2021, 05:40:47 AM ---ps: Whatever the answer is, I think a clarification should be added in the next version.

--- End quote ---
Wow. So many thoughts going thru my head. Some of them are contradictory, making me thankful for Rule One. 😵‍💫

In fact, your PS is the only part I’m sure of. 👍

Nick C:
In the original question without verbal clarification from the bettor, we will always have confusion. This is probably not the answer you're looking for. It seems to me that sometimes we go out of our way to confuse players. If Adam bets 400 and Bob says raise 1000, it used to be a total bet of 1400. I'm not sure when this rule was changed, but it still confuses me.
If I'm playing and I am facing a 400 bet, and I want to raise it 1000 more (according to our rules) I must say 1400. If I say "raise it 1000 more" the TDA rules restrict my total raise amount to 600, or a total of 1000...which is not what I intended to bet.

One other question. TDA #41 B. Players must wait for clear bet amounts before acting. Ex. Player A says "raise" (but no amount), and B quickly folds. B should wait to act until A's raise amount is clear.

Why?

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: Nick C on August 15, 2021, 02:23:30 AM ---If I say "raise it 1000 more" …
--- End quote ---
I’ve ruled, and taught my dealers, that saying ‘more’ IS an acceptable clarification for a total bet of 1,400 in this case.

But only if the word more is not preceded by a pause. Kinda like a verbal one-motion rule.

Nick C:
Dave,

Yes...I agree with you but the TDA rules do not support or agree with us.

How do you feel about my other question regarding #41 B?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version