POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Non-TDA Tournament and General Poker Rules Discussion

Forward motion & go back with chips in hand

<< < (2/2)

pastor:
OK guys, now I will give you some exsamples & I (we) want to hear, how you will be ruled this?
More or less I know PR with a bettig line!

1. THNL multy way after flop;
Ply.1 bet x
Ply.2 go with a chips inside a betting line & stop for second & watch to a players on his left.
Ply.3 Instand Fold (when he/she saw atention)
Ply.2 have to make action!
Q, What acton?
- in this case for me is a string bet & Ply.2 MUST make a call & nothing else. Ply.3,4,5..are not OOT!

2. The worst scenario in HU
Ply1. All-in
Ply2. go with a chips inside a betting line & stop for second
Ply1. showes the cards (thinking to be called)
Ply2. You are good, I will not pay!

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: Nick C on December 02, 2019, 08:46:38 PM ---Dave...let me understand you. You are saying that you would allow a player to move forward with chips, cut and release the amount the player intends to bet and return with chips still in his or her hand. Okay, I'm not too happy about that but I've heard it before from a very respected tournament director.  However, there is nothing in the TDA rules that support that action. Perhaps it is something that should be addressed.

--- End quote ---
Nick -
Yes. We allow cutting the bet forward of the cards/line and returning with the excess.  I don’t like it, but that’s our rule.

Pastor -
Your examples have more to do with action out of turn than forward motion.

pastor:
Pastor -
Your examples have more to do with action out of turn than forward motion.

WHAT, will you rule that this play.2 will not be penalisd?
And how? 3 hands? For 3 hands I will "check & see the players" alweys  with a chips in a hand, forward & back?

Nick C:
Pastor...I'm sorry if I'm not understanding your question. Dave...I don't like that ruling either. Why would a player, or better yet, why would we allow any player to move forward with more chips than they intend to bet? I see no good answer. A verbal bet is easy enough or pushing forward the amount you want to bet also makes sense. Moving forward with two fists full of chips and then releasing a small portion into the betting area can only raise suspicion of bad intentions. I know it's out there, but I don't like it. I don't think Pastor likes it either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version