Author Topic: #46 - Prior Bet Chips Not Pulled In & what does Overchip mean?  (Read 14187 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: #46 - Prior Bet Chips Not Pulled In & what does Overchip mean?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 06:49:56 AM »
Interesting discussion. We have had numerous conversations on this subject in the past, but I believe they were prior to the new TDA rules of 2019.  I wish we would lean in the direction of the more simplified TDA Rules:

GENERAL CONCEPTS

#2. Player Responsibilities: Players should verify registration data and seat assignments, protect their hands, make their intentions clear, follow the action, act in turn with proper terminology and gestures, defend their right to act, keep cards visible and chips correctly stacked, remain at the table with a live hand, table all cards properly when competing at showdown, speak up if they see a mistake, call for a clock when warranted, transfer tables promptly, follow one player to a hand, know and comply with the rules, practice proper etiquette, and generally contribute to an orderly event.   

Why would any player ever be allowed to touch his or her already bet chips unless they are completing a bet...example: taking back two 25 count chips on SB and replacing with a single 100 to complete the BB. This happens in every cardroom every day. It is also accepted by all. I believe it to be the ONLY time a player should touch their previously bet chips. So I agree that facing an increased wager any player who touches their chips must complete to a full bet.  The only other time a problem exists is when a player tosses in an oversize chip that does not complete the correct amount. Players need to follow all of the TDA Rules, and the way I see it the solution is outlined in TDA #2 of GENERAL CONCEPTS.