Author Topic: Player asleep at table  (Read 3683 times)

MisterD

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Player asleep at table
« on: August 01, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »
I’m playing a MTT and a player keeps falling asleep. No joke: the dealer has woken him for five consecutive hands. He told a floor man who didn’t know what the proper response should be. Rules 30 and 31 deal with being at the table... but don’t require being responsive.

Any suggestions?

GreggPath

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Player asleep at table
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »
2: Player Responsibilities
Players should verify registration data and seat assignments, protect their hands, make their intentions clear, follow the action, act in turn with proper
terminology and gestures, defend their right to act, keep cards visible and chips correctly stacked, remain at the table with a live hand, table all cards properly
when competing at showdown, speak up if they see a mistake, call for a clock when warranted, transfer tables promptly, follow one player to a hand, know and comply with the rules, practice proper etiquette, and generally contribute to an orderly event.

I believe this rule should help. They are clearly not following part of this... especially following the action, acting in turn, following proper etiquette, and contributing to an orderly event. Based on violation of that rule, I believe you are warranted to take action, whether that be a penalty or DQ.

MisterD

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Re: Player asleep at table
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
Excellent. :)

Thank you!