Author Topic: New dealer procedure ?  (Read 5324 times)

Boris

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • International Poker dealer (EU)
New dealer procedure ?
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:20:26 AM »
Hello folks,

I heard from the birds that a new dealer procedure has been announced during the Summit.
Dealer should now announce all bets.

Is this true ?

mooredog

Re: New dealer procedure ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 06:51:31 AM »
I believe so. In our poker room in the interest of speed we always announced non all in bet amounts & raises but not the all in amounts unless player faced with the bet asked. I think now even the all in bet sizes will be announced

Boris

• International Poker dealer (EU)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:39:30 PM »
I have read some tweets about that, and it seems that the new recommended procedure will be only for non All-in bets.

I dont know anything about US player behavior, but I know a lot about European players.
This will change absolutely nothing about speed, they won't leave their phone, they won't stop to talk to their neighbors.
Players will still take their time, because they are customers and want entertainment.

It will put the dealer under pressure because players will wait for the announcement. A non caring player will still ask for the bet.

Getting the game faster does not need all bets to be verbal, it is about dealer's presence, execution and accuracy. Announcing "raise" is highly enough.
Dealers who actually think they speed up the game by announcing the bets are fooling themselves. They have the impression that the game is faster just because they are more involved in it, but if you compare hands rate per hour, it is basically the same.

But, the most important to me what about actual RP2 in TDA ?

RP-2. Bringing in Bets is Discouraged
Routinely bringing in chips as betting and raising proceeds around the table is poor dealing practice. Reducing bet stacks can influence action, create confusion & increase errors. Dealers should not touch a player's bet unless a count is needed. Only the player currently facing action may ask the dealer to bring-in bets.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 05:42:51 AM »
I think it's a great idea. Every dealer should announce every bet. I've been teaching that and preaching it for decades! Why not? Think of the mistakes it could eliminate.

I don't think it has anything to do with the "bringing in bets" rule that was mentioned. That needs to be clarified.

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
Hi Boris, good question regarding RP-2. That has been amended as dealers need to touch bets from time to time to get accurate counts.

BROOKS

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 09:37:05 PM »
RP 2 will be adjusted.
It was decided that dealers should announce all bets, except for all ins. A count for an all in bet may be request by the player whose turn it is to act