Author Topic: Paying first place more than the calculated prize pool  (Read 3841 times)

Frank11

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Paying first place more than the calculated prize pool
« on: May 17, 2019, 04:04:17 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Anyone had the situation where with 3 players left, the chip leader negotiates a chop where the other 2 players are getting less money than is calculated by the prize pool? For example: The official prize pool is: 1st= $1000, 2nd=$600, 3rd=$400. The chip leader talks the other 2 players into taking $300 each and making 1st place $1400. Would you let the other 2 players accept the deal or intervene on their behalf? This actually happened!

Frank

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Paying first place more than the calculated prize pool
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:09:00 AM »
Frank...I know it occurs on a regular basis but I've always been against management getting involved. If they want to chop or work out some split arrangement, let them do it in the parking lot.

As to your question. If the chip leader has an enormous chip lead, I imagine I'd settle for less in second or third position.

Dave Miller

• Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 11:13:31 AM »
Wow.

People’s stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

If I were playing, I’d sooner dump chips (or double up in the process) and take the 3rd place money than agree to chop for less.

:o
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

Max D

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 01:53:04 PM »
yes I had the same reaction, the deal made no sense. why not wait and get at least third place.

As a TD I would state that much and then let them decide on the deal.

Max
Max D
Less talking, more dealing.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 07:41:57 AM »
Hello everyone...I just realized how dumb my answer was. If I had read it through I would have given a more thought out answer. I guess you could say I gave a stupid answer to a "trick" question. If the situation were...chip leader has 1000,000 and second and third were at 5,000 Then an offer of letting the second and third players settle for 450 each giving the winner an extra 100...Anyway, that's what I was thinking.

Sorry