Author Topic: WIN THE BUTTON TOURNAMENT RULS  (Read 4718 times)

BIG AL

• TDA Member & Active Poster
WIN THE BUTTON TOURNAMENT RULS
« on: May 31, 2019, 05:51:59 AM »
Win the button tournament.
Player  A is Button. B sb. C bb. A wins his hand. Button standing at his place. Player B (sb) is out. Next hand without sb or?

BillM16

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: WIN THE BUTTON TOURNAMENT RULS
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:03:35 AM »
Hey Big Al,

It sounds to me like you are establishing your own "win the button" tournament format.  Therefore, your house rules would apply.  TDA Rules do not cover exotic varieties.

That said, if it were my house rule, once the Button is won, the SB and BB would be posted by the players to the left in a way that the same player doesn't post the BB twice consecutively.

Boris

• International Poker dealer (EU)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:02:48 AM »
Hello folks,

Like Bill said, TDA does not cover exotic games.

However, I am used to run those games so here is how I would rule it :

Win the button is all about the fact the players in the blinds do not want to pay again and again and it provides a lot of action when everyone folds to the button. So, if the same player keeps winning the button every hand, "someone has to do something" to stop him.
So being the BB three times in a row is possible in this game, and it happens often.

Also WTB is a game where position are determined by the button position and not by the big blind (in tournament, BB moves 1 occupied seat to the left and determine the SB and BTN position.

That means in WTB you should always have a SB and a BB.
So to give a straight answer to your case :

Seat 1 : Player A won the BTN, he is the BTN
Seat 2 : Player B is out, Empty Seat
Seat 3 : Player C in now the SB
Seat 4 (if not empty) : Player D is now the BB

To extend the case, if the next hand Player Wins the BTN again and a player is seated in Seat 2, Seat 2 will enter as SB wherever he comes from (other table, breaking table, registration...). This is used to prevent the case this player will never get dealt in if the player on his right keeps winning the button (infinite loop).

Again, all I wrote is for Win the Button only =)

Cheers

Steff0111

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 11:32:38 PM »
Boris, I would do it exact the same way!
The table has to stop the button from winning again and again.
SB & BB have to be there in every hand!

Dave Miller

• Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 06:42:05 AM »
Interesting.

I’ve never even heard of a Win The Botton format. But the more I read about it, the more I think, if players complain that they want a “fair” tourney, they shouldn’t even be playing this format.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?