Author Topic: Multiple tables playing at different blind levels  (Read 5113 times)

Frank11

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Multiple tables playing at different blind levels
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been able to find a previous post for this so I decided to ask the brain trust:

If the blind level increase was never announced how do you treat multiple tables playing at different levels? e.g.: some of the dealers/players noticed the blind levels went up and are playing at the increased level and some didn't notice and are still playing at the old level.

Thanx,

Frank

Brian Vickers

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Poker Manager
Re: Multiple tables playing at different blind levels
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:18:28 PM »
They all play at the correct levels now, no other adjustments.  Some coaching for your staff and re-evaluation of process of how blinds are announced.

Dave Miller

• Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:13:12 AM »
... If the blind level increase was never announced ...
Why don’t more rooms use the audio output of the Bravo tournament timer?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

Frank11

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 03:27:37 AM »
They all play at the correct levels now, no other adjustments.  Some coaching for your staff and re-evaluation of process of how blinds are announced.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for you response. I work in a small room ( 13 tables ). I used to be the full-time TD. Several years ago they re-structured the dynamics of the room. They eliminated cashiers, chip runners, and poker reps. Now, there's no full-time TD. The floors and shift manager are all supposed to keep an eye on the tournament, so basically it's a free-for-all. With all of us wearing multiple hats ( we're now a combination of floor supervisor, cashier, chip runner and phone person ) sometimes things get missed. I agree with your answer, it seems to be the fairest. Thank you.

Frank
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:35:36 AM by Frank11 »

Frank11

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:58 AM »

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your response. We do use the audio output on the Bravo tournament timer but it's only heard in our immediate cashier/desk area. As I mentioned in a previous reply to Brian Vickers, we are all doing multiple jobs and there are times we are away from the desk and don't hear it ourselves. The blind level issue doesn't happen very often but, when it does, none of the players are happy. The players who are at the correct level are unhappy about another table playing at a reduced level and when we correct it, the table which was behind is now upset that they may only get a few minutes at the correct level when the blinds get raised again. It's definitely the definition of lose/lose. Thanks again for your input ( pun intended ).  :)

Frank

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 03:37:59 PM »
Because it sucks.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter