POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Folding OOT

<< < (3/3)

BillM16:

--- Quote from: Nick C on June 24, 2018, 02:27:41 PM ---Much better. There was always too much confusion about action changing, in my opinion. Did it mean if the corrected action was different from the OOT or what???

If I may, I'd like to add a suggestion or two. A: An OOT action is subject to penalty and may be binding.  When OOT action occurs, play will be backed up to the first player skipped (proper bettor) and resume in the correct order.  An OOT fold is always binding.  An OOT check, call, bet or raise is binding if the corrected action to the OOT player has not changed. STOP Does this mean that the action changed from what the OOT bet? example: OOT bets 100, the action is backed up to the proper bettor and he or she bets 100, would the OOT be obligated to keep his 100 in the pot? A check, call or fold by a correct player does not change action. When action changes, an OOT bet or raise is returned to the OOT player who may then call, raise, or fold.

I think Bills suggested change is a step in the right direction but as usual, I've always had a tough time understanding this rule as written.

--- End quote ---

Your point is valid and it has been discussed during the TDA Summits.  In your example, action has changed as the skipped player has made a bet.  It doesn't matter that the corrected bet made was equal to the OOT bet amount.  Given action has changed, the OOT player has all options ... according to the rule.  However, some TD's have expressed different opinions and some would require the OOT player to make the call.  Of course, there are many variations ... and in some cases the TD might require the OOT player to make a minimum raise under some circumstances.

Here is another version ...

PROPOSED 44:  Action Out of Turn (OOT)
A: An OOT action is subject to penalty and may be binding.  When OOT action occurs, play will be backed up to the first player skipped and will resume in the correct order.  An OOT fold is always binding.  An OOT check, call, bet or raise is binding if the corrected action by skipped players does not include either a bet or raise.  A check, call or fold by a correct player does not change action to the OOT player.  When corrected action has changed, an OOT bet or raise should be returned to the OOT player who may then call, raise, or fold.  Under some circumstances, the TD may require the OOT player to make either a call or minimum raise.

Nick C:
I like your Proposed #44 Action OOT best. I finally understand what the rule was trying to say.

Thank you

Uniden32:
/thumbsup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version