POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

BB folds when facing no bet

<< < (2/4) > >>

BillM16:
I would apply Rule #58.  Nick, is ruling differently and may be applying Rule #1.

Nick C:
Thanks to all for not jumping all over me for not agreeing with another TDA rule...again. It's not that I want to disagree, I believe that the integrity of the game is more important than being "politically correct." First I will assume it was an unintentional surrender. Why else would a player fold before seeing the flop? If it was deliberate, I'd be suspicious of chip dumping or collusion. Remember, my decision is for tournament play only. There are numerous TDA rules that I oppose for this very reason. If I'm in a tournament, I want the player with the best hand to win the pot, unless he or she was bluffed off the best hand. I want no undeserving player to collect a windfall of chips because of a situation that was unclear or an unintended forced call.

In the described situation, I'd lean towards Rule #1...every time.

Dave Miller:
I deal in a bar league where I get a lot of novices. I always return the cards. Ditto if a novice open-folds on a later street. I say to them, “Never fold if there’s no bet. You never know what will happen. But you only get one. Do it again be your cards will be dead.”

Nick C:
Dave,

In my opinion, your response is perfect. Do it again, the hand is mucked so fast they'd never have a chance to get it back!

Ash:
Thanks all for your answers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version