Author Topic: Documenting Decisions on the Poker TDA Rules  (Read 5916 times)

BillM16

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Documenting Decisions on the Poker TDA Rules
« on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:10 AM »
Would it be beneficial to publish relevant decisions on questions on the Poker TDA Rules?

As we know, the Poker TDA provides a forum for questions and discussions on TDA Rules.  In the biannual Summit Meeting, TDA members discuss and vote on changes to TDA Rules.  In addition to rules, the official Poker TDA Rules document includes a section for Recommended Procedures and another for the Illustration Addendum that provide clarifying examples on some of the rule's complexities.

The idea of publishing relevant decisions is similar to illustrations but is somewhat different as it would document how TDA members have or would rule on various TDA Rule questions and scenarios. 

An excellent example will save me many words here.  Please take a look at how golf handles this on their USGA Rules and Decisions website.

If this is worthwhile, we could work to determine how best to capture and distill the information.  This could include not only narrative but links to pertinent YouTube, etc., sources.

Boris

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • International Poker dealer (EU)
Re: Documenting Decisions on the Poker TDA Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »
Hello Bill,

This would be a great idea. However, we should focus on taking under consideration the whole situation for each case. We don't want this document to be taken as an absolute answer for each TD decision which may be similar but not exactly the same.

I'm really excited by this and I can't wait to translate in French ☺