Author Topic: Player refuses to accept starting chip set  (Read 5284 times)

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Player refuses to accept starting chip set
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
One of the TD's in my neighbouring league has the following problem, I have already answered him with my answer and my usual humorous alternative  also but would like some alternative feedback:

"i have a problem with 1 of my members ..... he refuses 2 play with the chip stck i put out and changes his stack from 4 blacks 2 9 i have warned him 2 stop but he continues what should i do"

Background:  This is a pub poker league and the players are starting with 4x25 4x100 1x500 & 4x1000 he will more than likely be friendly with the chap but obviously this guy is taking advantage of a lack of authority by the TD running the game.

Regards
Stuart

Martin L. Waller

Re: Player refuses to accept starting chip set
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
Stuart,

I don’t understand. How does a player change his chips stack?
Are you saying he starts with 4x100s and has other players color his 1x500 to 5 more 100s?
I’m not sure how the math works on that since no one player can change the 500 chip.
It seems like a lot of effort for nothing.
As long as the total amount is the same, what difference does it make?
Next time give him all whites. Just kidding.
Unless he is some how using this to cheat let it go.
You have more important things to worry about.

Good luck,
Martin

Mrsvelvet

• TDA Member & Active Poster
  • Headhunter League Poker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:16:54 PM »
I agree with Martin, How is this happening?

If the TD is putting the chips out prior to players being seated and the player is then helping himself to change from other players stacks or the even worse the venues "chip box" then that is a serious issue and it must be stopped but again how is this even being allowed to happen?

It is easily solved by getting all the players seated and only handing out the chips once they are seated, if the player then exchanges chips with another player or asks the dealer for change from a pot then I cant see any real issue and the TD can just get on with everything else?

The starting stack is the starting stack full stop.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »
Hi all, apologies for the delay in response It has been a hectic weekend!  so anyway,  Its a pub game and the TD is setting up the stacks, putting them ut and also having reserve stacks set up in an unsecured location.

I have given advice that he must take control of the situation - if he as the TD wants to give them 4 blacks, then thats what he's giving and nobody has the right to criticise or undermine that decision, further that his status as the TD is severely undermined by this lack of respect for him.

I have given instructions to stow the reserve stacks in his cases and ask the bar staff to hold the cases behind the bar to preserve the security of chips not in play.

Regards
Stuart
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:59:56 PM by Stuart Murray »