Author Topic: Late reactions or?  (Read 7032 times)

BIG AL

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Late reactions or?
« on: March 31, 2016, 03:16:47 AM »
Cash game 5/10
Twoo players in the heand.
Action after river.
Player A bet. Player B Call.
A says better on me and throws his cards face down. One on the players on the table see card and says you have straight why throw your cards? A use your cards and turn araund and really have straight. Player B says hi fold card pot is my!
What would a decision made?

Dave Miller

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
Re: Late reactions or?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 05:35:01 AM »
That third player should have said nothing and should get a warning. If he starts to give any argument, tell him the "One player to a hand" rule. If that doesn't work, remind him that Phil Ivey folded a flush.

That said, as long as the cards were still identifiable and retrievable, the hand is live and the player who had prematurely mucked his straight should win the pot.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

Max D

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:12:32 AM »
I agree with Dave "as long as the cards were still identifiable and retrievable, the hand is live and the player who had prematurely mucked his straight wins the pot.  The hand is live and can only be killed by the dealer by pushing the card into the muck.
Max D
Less talking, more dealing.

DutchTD076

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »
It depends on what the house rules are. If a "folding line" is used, the hand is dead when the cards are facedown past that line. If you don't use such a line, then the hand should be revived if teh cards are identifiable and retrieveable (no contact with the muck!!). 

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:04 PM »
I want to add that the dealer should also be reminded to bring mucked cards into the muck pile ASAP and this situation can be avoided.

Max D

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »
Quick note on DutchTD076 comment:
It depends on what the house rules are. If a "folding line" is used, the hand is dead when the cards are facedown past that line. If you don't use such a line, then the hand should be revived if teh cards are identifiable and retrieveable (no contact with the muck!!).
I use the line for chips, defining the betting work-space.  Once chips pass the line they are in, helps defining string bets, etc...
Folding & killing a hand is define by rule 14:
"Discarding non-tabled cards face down does not automatically kill them; a player may change his mind and table his cards if they remain 100% identifiable. Cards are killed by the dealer when pushed into the muck."
Cards can only be killed by the dealer.
Max D
Less talking, more dealing.