Author Topic: 2015 Rules 1.0 - #27 Calling for a Clock  (Read 3121 times)

BillM16

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
2015 Rules 1.0 - #27 Calling for a Clock
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »
IMO, the 2013 version of this rule was easier to read and to understand.  The following are merely suggestions and offer very little in new content.  The new rule includes these additions:
  • Any player in the event can call for the clock
  • The floor approves or disapproves the clock request
  • The TD (may reduce the time as in 2013) and can take other steps to fit the game format and stop persistent delays

Suggestions:

Any player in the event can call for the clock
I suggest that this new point be made by stating it as #27A and to elaborate on it so that it is well understood that this means a player at any table could call for a clock on any other player at any other table.  It could state that the player must be at their seat to call for the clock or it could reference TDA #29 At Your Seat.

The floor approves or disapproves the clock request
I suggest that this new point be put in as #27B.  It would make clear that the dealer should call the floor to make a determination of whether or not a reasonable time has passed to start the clock.  It would include the usual 50 seconds and 10 second countdown procedures.

The TD can take other steps to fit the game format and stop persistent delays
Lastly, #27C could speak to the steps that the TD can take ... etc.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:39:14 PM by BillM16 »

Dave Miller

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
Re: 2015 Rules 1.0 - #27 Calling for a Clock
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 07:10:59 AM »
As a player, I often get frustrated by how long it can take the floorman to arrive at the table once clock is called. Why can't dealers just start timing themselves?

Toward that end, when I go to G2E, I'm going to ask at the Bravo booth if they can utilize that extra button for a clock....
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?