Author Topic: 2015 Poker TDA Rules Version 1.0  (Read 36090 times)

Dave Miller

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Lead dealer / rules guru for World Free Poker
    • Dave MIller Gaming
Re: 2015 Poker TDA Rules Version 1.0
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 09:11:15 AM »

For the raises guys, I think you will have to talk about :
- European raises : everytime the double of the last largest bet
- US raises : raise with at minimum the difference between the two prior bets

I name it like that and in your example you are talking of US raise only ... A lot of house don't use it ... In France for example, it's in the law that a raise has to be always the double ...

Terence

Hi Terence,

The double raise is only in France. In the rest of Europe raises are properly made.

Juan.
Not that it matters much, but the pub league I deal/floor for, in New Jersey USA, uses the 'European' style described. This is to make it simpler for both novice players and novice dealers.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:12:49 AM by Dave Miller »
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown.
But how much does it cost to knock on wood?

Terence Bertault

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 11:19:10 AM »
Hi Nick,

Yes my friends it s the double raise rule !

Always put the double of the last biggest bet !

If we are playing 50/100, I can raise 200 and a 3bet will be 400, a 4bet 800, a 5bet 1600 ! ^^
I'm talking about min-raise here !

It's an horrible rule ... lol

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
It's a ridiculous rule and every effort should be made to correct it. Now I understand why so many members are confused when it comes to raises. If what you describe is true the complete section on raises for no limit poker in France needs a section of it's own.

In my opinion, it's a different game altogether. If no limit raise rules are that different in France, perhaps it's time to introduce a completely new game..."French No-Limit Hold'em" ::)
 As for the rest of the poker world, let's keep it the way it is...the way it should be. :)

Terence Bertault

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 04:39:45 PM »
Hi Nick,

I m agreed with you ...

You will never see a 6bet or 7bet till the mid-game in France ... Amounts are too big with this rule ...

We can t do anything against that in France because It's in the law ... Yep frenchs had the good idea (lol) to write poker rules in the law in 1980 ... It's so archaic now ... and the law > TDA rules ...  :-\