TDA POKER TOURNAMENT RULES & RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES > Official Poker TDA Tournament Rules, Latest Version

2015 Poker TDA Rules Version 1.0

<< < (3/4) > >>

Terence Bertault:
Hi guys,

I think there s a little error in Illustration addendum. Rule 40-B, example 2.

There are four players left and not three ...

For the raises guys, I think you will have to talk about :
- European raises : everytime the double of the last largest bet
- US raises : raise with at minimum the difference between the two prior bets

I name it like that and in your example you are talking of US raise only ... A lot of house don't use it ... In France for example, it's in the law that a raise has to be always the double ...

Edit : guys, I don t want to be disrespectful but a lot of example in Illustrations Addendum are so bad ... some are too basics and scholastics that there are funny ... and some don't prove that a TD can use his discretion like the Rule 52 Example B ... We can do much better I think ...

Friendly regards.

Terence

Juanzo:

--- Quote from: Terence Bertault on October 05, 2015, 06:48:32 AM ---
For the raises guys, I think you will have to talk about :
- European raises : everytime the double of the last largest bet
- US raises : raise with at minimum the difference between the two prior bets

I name it like that and in your example you are talking of US raise only ... A lot of house don't use it ... In France for example, it's in the law that a raise has to be always the double ...

Terence

--- End quote ---

Hi Terence,

The double raise is only in France. In the rest of Europe raises are properly made.

Juan.

Juanzo:
Hi Mike:

There are some small mistakes in the Illustration Addendum:

Rule 19: Both examples are the same, only changes the name of the game.
Rule 40-B Example 2 is completely messed up.

regards,

Juan.

Terence Bertault:

--- Quote from: Juanzo on October 06, 2015, 08:46:13 AM ---
Hi Terence,

The double raise is only in France. In the rest of Europe raises are properly made.

Juan.

--- End quote ---

Hi Juan,

Double raise is used in others countries my friend like all the countries and Islands in Indian Ocean ...

But you re right for Europe I think, I ve never played in Germany, Holland, Portugal ...
We name it like that here and French named it sometimes like that !

Maybe we call it like to mark the contradiction too ! US / EUROPE ... But now for you and on this forum I will talk about "Double Raise Rule" !   ;)

Friendly regards.

Terence

Nick C:
Terrance,

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you are saying the raise rule in France does not allow a true minimum raise. Limit poker is easy to figure and I'm sure you're referring to no limit.
 If a player wagers 100 and the next player raises to 200 (double or 100 more), this is the minimum allowable raise, of course. ;)
 The next player is facing a 200 wager...his options are: fold, call 200, or raise. The question is: how much can he raise? In no limit we know he can put in all of his chips by going all-in. What is the minimum raise he can make? The only answer is 100 more, which would make his bet 300 (100+100+100). I'm afraid that you are saying in France, the min raise must double the 200 bet he is facing. If I'm correct, there is a serious problem in all of France when it comes to no limit poker!

Before I continue, I'd like some clarification on this. I'd also like to move this topic to it's proper location.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version