POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Non-TDA Tournament and General Poker Rules Discussion

Heads up Action out of turn, specifically "Checking"

(1/2) > >>

Uniden32:
Curious as to how some of the other tournament personell handle this.

Heads up in a tournament.

Action on P1, P2 checks out of turn.
P1 then bets.

Do you allow P2 to raise or does passive action (check) only allow him to call/fold ?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Unregistered84:
According to TDA rules, in this case rule 38, P2 has all options open (fold, call or raise). Even so, any player acting out of turn can still be subject to penalty, depending on the specific situation.

Tristan:
I would allow P2 all actions.  If it becomes a recurring problem, I would penalize.

Uniden32:

--- Quote from: Unregistered84 on December 20, 2014, 09:58:24 PM ---According to TDA rules, in this case rule 38, P2 has all options open (fold, call or raise). Even so, any player acting out of turn can still be subject to penalty, depending on the specific situation.

--- End quote ---

I was aware of the actual TDA verbage, hence the post in Non-TDA rules discussion.

There are some tournament directors who only allow a passive action after a passive out of turn action in a heads up situation, and I simply wanted to know how others felt.

Thanks again.

K-Lo:
Hi Uniden:

I am in the camp that would have preferred, in theory, to limit the out-of-turn checker to only passive responses.  However, I do sympathize that a one-size-fits-all rule (with an appropriate penalty applied depending on how 'bad' the angle was) is probably easier to enforce, and may produce more consistent results.

You might find this prior discussion interesting:  http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=988.0

K-Lo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version