Author Topic: Incorrect bets: At what point do they stand?  (Read 5514 times)

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Incorrect bets: At what point do they stand?
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
Situations involving incorrect bets have been the subject of several threads including this one:
http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=1049.msg9119#msg9119

Up to what point should an incorrect bet be "backed up" and corrected? If the correct bet is larger, must all prior callers call it; i.e., what if the difference is large? Is an incorrect bet locked in once a new street is dealt?

For reference, here's RRoP, Section 3 General Rules, Betting and Raising, Para. 16:

16. All wagers and calls of an improperly low amount must be brought up to proper size if the error is discovered before the betting round has been completed. This includes actions such as betting a lower amount than the minimum bring-in (other than going all-in) and betting the lower limit on an upper limit betting round. If a wager is supposed to be made in a rounded off amount, is not, and must be corrected, it shall be changed to the proper amount nearest in size. No one who has acted may change a call to a raise because the wager size has been changed.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:13:40 AM by MikeB »

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Incorrect bets: At what point do they stand?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »
Hello Mike,

Real interesting question. I understand what RRoP is saying but, it still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I understand that the bet should be corrected but, does a player have the option to fold? if so, must he surrender his lesser amount? All that rule states is; no one who has acted may change a call to a raise.

I'm sure many would agree that the amount of the bet we face has a lot to do with whether we want to call or not. To double the required amount (especially after confirmation from the dealer), somehow should allow the bettor to retract his short bet.

Great question that should attract some debatable circumstances.

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
Had a floor call last night that was related to this topic.  Blinds just changed from 400-800 to 500-1000, player puts out 1600 (not realizing the level change) next player went all-in.  Dealer called to see if the player still needed to raise to 2000, which I ruled that he did.  The bet amount was incorrect, and even though action had taken place it should have been 2000 to begin with.

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:59:24 PM »
Not much of a debate here that i can think of. They stand when significant takes place.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter