Author Topic: Invalid dealer's announcement  (Read 3697 times)

BIG AL

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Invalid dealer's announcement
« on: June 19, 2014, 05:46:49 AM »
I welcome all to the forum. As you may notice this is my first post. First of all I want to say that I am very happy because I think this is the best place where you can learn all about the rules of poker. I have the following situation. Preeflop action The player A in position tree  Bet 3K player B in position four all in 30k. all the player is the fold. A player asks the dealer how much all in!? Dealer says 30k. A says call. Dealer cut chips and that the player B has a 40K chip. A wants to revoke call because his dealer said he players B have 30K!? What decision would you have made?

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Invalid dealer's announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:15:44 AM »
Welcome KQ...

Your situation is covered under TDA Rule 46 Accepted Action. I will wait for others to respond before I comment any further because, I believe this to be the most controversial of all TDA rules.

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Invalid dealer's announcement
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
Hi KQ and welcome to this forum.

Yes this is definitely an Accepted Action situation, so please review TDA Rule 46.

Generally speaking Player A is obligated to wager the full 40k AND A can win the full 40k.

If the TD considers the situation too egregious (i.e. too wide a spread between the declared and actual amount), per Rule 46 the TD can make an adjustment to the amount of A's obligation using Rule 1.