Author Topic: dumping chips  (Read 4447 times)

David21

• TDA Member & Active Poster
dumping chips
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:17:54 AM »
Player A Player B goes up 5000 25000
 A 50000 B rises again all in A thinks and fold
 Player A not B above shows their cards and not displayed.

The rest of the players want to see the cards all fear a pass dumping chips or Chips
 You can not reveal the set of these players do not?

Only the tournament director is the one who can see the cards to see if it does not occur dumping chips

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: dumping chips
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 05:24:32 AM »
David21,

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, neither is required to show their hand because Player A did not call Player B's all-in.

Nick C

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »
David21,

After reading your question again, I think both players showed each other their cards before folding. That might change my original answer. TDA #18 Asking To See A Hand does not address this situation. Most poker players are familiar with "show one, show all" and the TDA does address it in #59 No Disclosure. Maybe it should be noted in #18, also.

I would certainly allow the floor to determine whether the cards should be revealed, especially if collusion or chip dumping is suspected. Your situation does seem strange because there are so many easier ways for Player A to "dump" his chips to Player B, without raising suspicion.

Having the floor insist that both hands be tabled would be the best way to discourage players from such actions.

Good question that could have a quick fix at the upcoming summit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:54:26 AM by Nick C »

David21

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
Nic C hi thanks for trying to enteder my English
 I think what you said at first is true and I share it.
 I explain again.
 Player A raises 5000
 Player B raises 25000
 A player all in
 Player B fold
 the other players at the table. They want to see the cards that had the player B
They fear a passage of chips

I think that has no obligation to show their cards. And the only thing you can see without showing anyone else is the tournament director.

thank you very much

Nick C

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:24 AM »
David21

What leads to a little confusion is: describing Player A's first "bet" as a raise. It should read: Player A bets 5000
                                                                                                                             Player B raises to 25000 (20000 more)
  I can only assume that Player A's all-in raise was a substantial amount, which you did not mention, because; a very small all-in (action only) might raise suspicion of collusion.

When I read your original post, I thought that both players showed their hands to one another... privately, and not the table. I believe my answers define two distinct differences, created by two different situations.