POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for new TDA rules and amendments to existing rules READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre-2015 Summit

Procedure for At Your Seat... Re: Upcard in stud dealt up or down?

(1/3) > >>

Nick C:
I have a suggestion for the new TDA #29 At Your Seat...

If we are not going to allow stud players to participate in a hand because they were not seated before the first card is dealt. Exposing a possible bring-in card, to a player not eligible is not a recommended procedure.  

Deal their door card down.

chet:
Nick:

I think you are referring to rule #29 in the 2013 version 1.1.  It seems quite clear to me from the rule that if the player "not at his seat" is dealt the bring-in card in Stud that said player has to post the bring-in.  If you don't expose the bring-in card, how does that player post that amount? 

Isn't it the same as the player in a flop game that is missing and has to post the blind?

Chet

K-Lo:
Nick: If I am understanding you correctly, I don't think I can agree. If you are not at your seat, other players at the table should not be penalized by having to bring in with the low card when you would otherwise have had to bring in with a lower card.  Even if you are absent from the table, you are still responsible for putting in any forced bets that you might have otherwise had to post were you at the table and ready to play.

Nick C:
Gentlemen,

It goes beyond the bring-in. What do you do on the next round? Give him a dead card, or kill his hand after the bring-in and give his forth street card to his neighbor?
It will always create more problems than its worth...this I know for a fact.

Penalize him when he returns.

chet:
Nick:  What do you do in Hold'em if the player is not at his seat?  Don't you deal the 2 down cards, pull them into the muck and then on 3rd street, the player to the left of the missing player is dealt the card that the missing player would have had if he was present?

Why in the world would you not do the same in stud?  Your question befuddles me completely.

Chet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version