POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for New TDA rules and amendments to existing rules READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre 2017 Summit

2015 updated rule 29: At Your Seat -- and the impact to rule 34C: Misdeals

(1/6) > >>

BillM16:
In 2015 the At Your Seat rule was changed to:

--- Quote from: 2015: 29: At Your Seat ---A player must be at his seat when the last card is dealt on the initial deal in order to have a live hand. A player not then at his seat is dealt in, he may not look at his cards, and the hand is immediately killed after the initial deal. ... etc.

--- End quote ---

Does this necessitate a change to the Misdeals rule?

--- Quote from: 2015: 34: Misdeals ---...
C: In a misdeal, the re-deal is an exact re-play: the button does not move, no new players are seated, and limits stay the same. Cards are dealt to players on penalty or who were not at their seats for the original deal, then their hands are killed. ... etc.

--- End quote ---

Will a player be allowed to play the re-deal hand if they:

* were not at their seat when the misdeal occurred, but were at their seat before the last card of the re-deal was dealt
What if the misdeal occurred:

* After the last card of the initial deal
* Before the last card of the initial deal
See also:  http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=1340.0

chet:
No.

The deal is redone under the EXACT SAME conditions as applied to the original deal.  Any player not eligible to play the original deal is again NOT ELIGIBLE to play the redeal.

Chet

Nick C:
Chet,

What if the player were not on penalty but returned prior to the redeal ? You seem to indicate you would still deal him out, or at least deal him in but kill the hand...if so, why?

This is getting very repetitive with the same confusing replies. Who said anything about the absent player being on a penalty?

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: Nick C on November 26, 2016, 04:08:21 PM ---Who said anything about the absent player being on a penalty?
--- End quote ---
I did.

In that other thread, I suggested that an absent player IS on a one-hand penalty. I.E. Even if he returns before it's his turn to act, he is penalized and not allowed to play his hand.

On that note, he is on penalty in that if he returns before the start of a re-deal, he is still not allowed to play the hand.

Nick C:
Dave,

In a tournament the absent player would be dealt in, then his cards would be killed...correct? Why then would you not allow him to play, after dealing him in on the next hand? It's not a penalty hand, and he returned in time to play after a misdeal. I don't understand your logic on this one. Why would it be different than a cash game? You would surely deal him in then, wouldn't you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version