POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Player swaps position

(1/2) > >>

Motobaka72:
At a Day 2 of a tournament with 30 tables remaining the day begins with two absent players. Albert an Bernard

Albert is first to arrive and starts playing at Bernard's seat.
Bernard arrives later and finds Albert at his seat.

Bernard is aware that he has lost some blinds and expects to play his stack with a few lost rounds of blind and antes.

You are the tournament director. What do you do?

BillM16:
Did Albert call or bet any hand? The blinds and antes would have been lost anyway. Right? It sounds like Albert merely warmed Benards seat. I’d ask Bernard if he preferred a cooler chair.

Motobaka72:
He did.
He lost half of Bernard's stack.

If he hadn't, I guess the solution would be simple.

And also, what if he had won chips?

BillM16:
Do you know the chip count of each stack at the beginning of day two? Also, how many hands were played while Albert was in the wrong seat? My solution would make Benard “whole” as he did nothing wrong. Punish Albert for the error. Fire the idiot responsible. Or, find a scapegoat if I were the idiot responsible :-)

Motobaka72:

--- Quote from: BillM16 on May 30, 2021, 06:52:20 PM ---Do you know the chip count of each stack at the beginning of day two? Also, how many hands were played while Albert was in the wrong seat? My solution would make Benard “whole” as he did nothing wrong. Punish Albert for the error. Fire the idiot responsible. Or, find a scapegoat if I were the idiot responsible :-)

--- End quote ---

Yes we know how many chips Bernard had at the beginning of Day 2.  We could make a calculation of blinds lost and bring chips from the cage to make Bernard "whole".

Let everyone else know more chips have been added.

This is probably what I would have done.

Any other solutions?

What kind of punishment for Albert?

This didn't happen. Was about to happen but we caught it.  Just wondering what would other do. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version