Author Topic: ruling problem  (Read 6292 times)

markmagic

• TDA Member & Active Poster
ruling problem
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:25:17 PM »
hi guys iv got a situation here, a player left his chips to his friend and play permanently
and about 20min he wants to play again he bought chips and sat at the same table and some players
complained and call a floorperson...

huyshuys

• TDA Member
Re: ruling problem
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
you mean tournament or cash? In a tournament both players are disqualified and the chips go out of play.
in cash I you leave you have to change the chips into money at the bank.

markmagic

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
yes, cashgame... he stood up and let his friend play his chips because he dont want to play anymore and i guess that he knew the rule "one player to a hand" and wanted to play again so he bought chips again and play at the same table. did he violate any rule?

AleaLeedsCardRoom

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
If it is cashm then in my OPINION (there is no rule for this) he can give his friend the chips as it is the same as him cashingthem out at the bank and giving his friend the money to buy in with, just a bit quicker.  This i have no problem wth, however if he wants to come back into the game it is trickier, as if they start alturnating then you have problems with possible collusion etc.

However if player 1 wants to buy back in pernamentally, then as long as he brings back what he took off (RRoP) then I don't see a problem as he has just lent his mate some cash to play with, withuot going back and forth from the bank to change the chips up.  I can see how this would look dodgey so some consideration would be needed.

What normally happens on our tables, is someone gets bored of playing, sells his chips to someone waiting, goes and plays a table game and then comes back in an hour and wants to play again, which is fine as its not two people sharing one stack.

Lewis

Dave Lamb

• TDA Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »
I have no problem with letting one player sell his chips to the next player due to be seated. You must be sure that you are not allowing these "friends" a blatant opportunity to circumvent the system and avoid the wait for their proper place on the list.

AleaLeedsCardRoom

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
A good point well made:)