POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Discussion of Rules by Specific Game Types

Team Battles

<< < (2/2)

Brian Vickers:
Here's another interesting way that I've seen a "team tournament" run, note that this is not a bracket style elimination tournament.  Also please note that I do not remember some of the exact rules but have substittuted some of my own from a proposed variant of this tournament that I did not get a chance to actually run (but can't wait to do someday): 
Players are written down as members of a team of three.  Individual re-entry is permitted.  All players are registered and randomly assigned seats just like any normal tournament. Players are given points based on when they are eliminated from the event.  Players who are eliminated prior to the end of registration are given 0 pts.  Players who are eliminated at various stages of the event are assigned an individual point amount based solely on their finishing position.  At the conclusion of the event, payouts are based on the team's total points.  As the final table plays out, teams will know what place they need their final member(s) to place to earn X amount of money.  There's obvs a lot more details but you get the idea :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version