POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Can empty seat win ?

<< < (2/2)

AleaLeedsCardRoom:
Hello,
At one of our tournaments recently we had a case where one of the player was playing blackjack while the tournament was running.  I got the other players to blind and in the later levels ante him out.  However after he was away for a couple of levels the other player on the table started to complain that it was unfair on them etc.  As they couldn't win his chips, I told them he had every right to do this as it would be the same if he sat at the table and folded every hand without looking.  We were close to the final table at this point so some of the players on the table suggested that they all sit out and leave the other table playing.  This way they would only post their blinds like the other absent player.
Thankfully they didn't as I am unsure what to do if this had happened.

Any thoughts??

Lewis

Stuart Murray:

--- Quote from: AleaLeedsCardRoom on February 27, 2010, 03:15:08 PM ---Hello,
At one of our tournaments recently we had a case where one of the player was playing blackjack while the tournament was running.  I got the other players to blind and in the later levels ante him out.  However after he was away for a couple of levels the other player on the table started to complain that it was unfair on them etc.  As they couldn't win his chips, I told them he had every right to do this as it would be the same if he sat at the table and folded every hand without looking.  We were close to the final table at this point so some of the players on the table suggested that they all sit out and leave the other table playing.  This way they would only post their blinds like the other absent player.
Thankfully they didn't as I am unsure what to do if this had happened.

Any thoughts??

Lewis

--- End quote ---

Lewis,

This has been discussed in some detail in the following thread:

http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

As for the whole table going off and not playing you could redraw or warn the players that if everyone goes the tourney cashes pro-rata at current chip counts - that would keep them at the table.

Regards
Stuart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version