TDA POKER TOURNAMENT RULES & RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES > Official Poker TDA Recommended Procedures, Latest Version

Dealers who talk too much

<< < (2/2)

Nick C:
Spence,
 I really like it when we agree. Poker is not a "banking game." Poker is not a game that has all of the players winning money on several deals in succession. It's nice when the players at the black jack table all win and everybody's cheering and the dealer busts again! Take a look at the faces of the poker players that get their big hands "cracked" again and again. Do you think they want the dealer to engage in entertaining conversation, with anyone? I don't either. Leave those dealers where they belong, anywhere but dealing poker

Spence:
As an extension of what we've been talking about, why is it that those dealers who are a little on the chatty side tend to quiet down when on bigger games? Maybe the big players are just more vocal about the dealer not being involved? Deal me in and close your mouth! It bothers me when I ask a chatty dealer why they aren't as vocal on 10-20 No Limit than they are on 1-2 and I get a stupid answer like "It's a more serious game." or "I have to concentrate more" YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version