POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Dealer says its 300 more to you

<< < (3/7) > >>

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: Motobaka72 on May 12, 2021, 04:52:30 PM ---If I may, I would like to extend a question with a kind of similar matter.

Flop
Albert bets 500
Bernard raises to 2,500
Charly thinks for a while and then asks the dealer what happened.

Is the dealer supposed to tell Charly? Chips are in the correct place and everything is criatal clear.

--- End quote ---

Here’s the beginning of a couple items from the TDA rules.

--- Quote ---Rule 49: Accepted Action
Poker is a game of alert, continuous observation. It is the caller’s responsibility to determine the correct amount of an opponent’s bet before calling, regardless of what is stated by others. ...

Procedure 12: Dealers Should Announce Bets & Raises
Dealers should routinely announce non-all-in bet values as betting proceeds around the table. ...
--- End quote ---

Based on this, I’d say the only thing the dealer should say is, “The action is to you.” and/or “It’s 2,500 to call.”

BillM16:
I agree with Dave.  The dealer should tell Charly that it is 2,500 to call.  Descriptions of chronological actions should not be stated by the dealer or other players. One player per hand.

Lado:
It's rather simple: A bets 2000, B announces: raisec 5000! B must put in 7000 chips. If he were to say: raise  to 5000 then he only had to put in 3000 on top, total of 5000

Dave Miller:

--- Quote from: Lado on May 18, 2021, 09:03:46 PM ---It's rather simple: A bets 2000, B announces: raisec 5000! B must put in 7000 chips. If he were to say: raise  to 5000 then he only had to put in 3000 on top, total of 5000

--- End quote ---
This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

It’s also wrong.

--- Quote from: TDA Rule 43 part B ---Without other clarifying information, declaring raise and an amount is the total bet. Ex: A opens for 2000, B declares “Raise, eight thousand.” The total bet is 8000.
--- End quote ---

Lado:
Ok, I'll simply for you: it's a $1/$2 cash game. Small blind completes. After the flop he bets $5. The BB says: I raise $15! It literally means: " I call your $5 and then I raise another $15". So he must put in $20! Very simple. If he were to say: " I raise to $15 then he had to put in $5 first and then another $10 to complete the fraise in total of $15. I hope I explained it in way that you understand. Do not change the English language, you have no right or the ability...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version