TDA POKER TOURNAMENT RULES & RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES > Official Poker TDA Tournament Rules, Latest Version

Clarify Rule 11 please

(1/2) > >>

DutchTD076:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me why a final table has to have a full table +1? ???

11: Number of Players at Final Table
Final tables will have a full table for the event, plus one. (9-handed events seat 10 at the final table, 8-handed stud seats 9, 6-handed seats 7, etc.). No final table should seat more than 10. This rule does not apply to heads-up events.

Dave Miller:
I think it's to minimize the short-handedness of the last two tables when on bubble.

Boris:
Hello DutchTD076,

I agree with Dave.

When a tournament scores around 70 entries, there is a big change that only the final table will get paid, so if the last two tables remains for a long time, you ensure equity for all players since they are playing againt the same amount of opponents and not posting blinds quicker than the other table.

The wording I use to explain this to players : Final tables should have an odd number of players.

Max D:

--- Quote from: Dave Miller on October 30, 2017, 08:45:41 PM ---I think it's to minimize the short-handedness of the last two tables when on bubble.

--- End quote ---
What Dave said, also think about play, it avoids from going from super short to a full table which completely changes the game.

DutchTD076:
Ok guys, makes sense. Thnx for the answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version