POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Discussion of Rules by Specific Game Types

I constantly hear that an abandoned all-in must be shown. Where is this rule?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Nick C:
Chet:
 If you can interpret that from TDA Rule #9, then you see it perfectly. I however, think that something is missing, and it goes beyond common sense.

You also said the absent player is not eligible to win any part of the pot...I agree. You also say that the absent player's hand should not remain face down. This brings us back to one of the big issues. You said the hand should be tabled by the dealer and then killed. I say the hand should be killed first and then shown to the table if anyone is concerned about chip dumping, or just because. I like your thoughts about the player not being eligible for any part of the pot, but if the dealer turns it over, and it's a winner, then what?

chet:
Nick:

To answer your last question, I quote from a prior post in this thread, "As far as I am concerned, if a player goes all-in and leaves the table that hand is abandoned and I would consider it folded.  If it is the winning hand, then I would award the pot to the opposing player."

I don't give one iota if the hand is the winner or not.  If the player isn't at the table, that player is NOT ELIGIBLE for any part of the pot.  The next best hand is awarded the pot. 

Ricky9:
I am not sure I comply with the TDA here although we do use TDA rules. Our house rule is that a player must be at the table to table his/her own cards. If not the hand is dead and anyone can request to see those killed cards.

chet:
Ricky9: 

Personally I see nothing wrong with how you handle this situation in your room.  What I would like to see is a response from one or more of the TDA BOD on this issue since it has caused a considerable amount of discussion in this thread.

Chet

Nick C:
What new rule covers this subject? Why was there no response on Chet's request from July 25th?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version