POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Non-TDA Tournament and General Poker Rules Discussion

plo dead money

(1/4) > >>

diz475:
We have a few people debating this subject so I need some opinions.
Pot limit Omaha a player buys the button lets say it 2-5 so 2 dollar dead small in the middle.
The Question is the 2 dead dollars count if someone pots it.  Is it 15 or 17 or in the case of places that let you assume the small as a full bet is it 20

Some are saying its dead money and does not count as part of the pot.

while on the subject how many places assume the small as a full bet, 2-5 so first bet can be 20 if so would you do this in a 5-10 game so its 40 not 35

Nick C:
diz475,

I would say yes to rounding it up. The important issue is giving the players what they prefer and be consistant.

K-Lo:

--- Quote from: Nick C on August 14, 2012, 01:30:58 PM ---diz475,

I would say yes to rounding it up. The important issue is giving the players what they prefer and be consistant.

--- End quote ---

I would agree as well (but would defer to the expertise of the cash game experts).

chet:
IMHO:

Since when is "dead money" not part of the pot.  Using that reasoning, do you then pull that amount out and put it in the drop, since the winning hand is only eligible for the money "in the pot".  It makes no sense to me to exclude that money from the pot as all you are accomplishing is total confusion as to what constitutes a "pot bet".

Chet

JasperToo:
Cheers to chet..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version