GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARDS > General discussion of poker industry topics

unacceptable behaviors?

<< < (3/3)

Brian Vickers:
Nick's list is pretty comprehensive for dealers and most of this applies to floor people also.  I would also add discussing tips on the gaming floor, especiallly complaining about poor tips or getting stiffed. 
When I was still a dealer there was another dealer I was following in the rotation one night and all night he kept telling me who was tipping poorly at his table.  I kept trying to ignore him and use my body language to let him know that I didn't want to hear that kind of stuff, but he kept doing it.  Eventually at one table I tapped him out and he said "don't push any pots to seat 6, you're not gonna get a dime."  The player in seat 6 who apparently had sonic hearing then said "actually, he probably will but with your attitude I'm surprised you got any".
 :)

A year or so later after I became a supervisor, the same dealer was up near the supervisor podium which was just a few feet away from a live table and was complaing about how bad the tips were that night.  That ended up getting him put on chip runner duty for the rest of the night.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version