POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Dealer Error - Pre-exposed flop, turn, and or river

<< < (3/3)

Stuart Murray:
there is no hard and fast rules as to how you issue the turn and river face down for later exposure, the reason I have dealers issue them face down in sequence is their can be complications identifying which card is to be used on which street and which is to be a burn card etc, so to ensure this does not happen I have dealers burn cards into the burn pile and layout the remaining streets in position face down.

There is an issue with a marked card being identifyable or a card being exposed, I have already addressed the marked card issue and in the event of a further exposed card that would be dealt with in sequence once the new flop/turn had been issued

Best Regards
Stuart

Nick C:
Stuart,
 With the problems possible that you described with your method, would you consider the method I described on reply #4 when dealing with premature dealing? There have been times when the deck needed to be reconstructed, for a new flop, and the the turn and river were not needed because a player made a bet after the flop and everyone folded. I remember an incident several years ago in a cash game where I was called over to the table because the dealer burned and placed the turncard (the jack of diamonds) on the board before the betting was complete. After the skipped player called, the Jack was set aside to be shuffled into the deck stub (if needed) and, after burning a card, the turn card was replaced by the proper river card. After that betting round was complete, the dealer reshuffled the Jack into the deck stub, cut the deck and turned the JACK OF DIAMONDS FOR THE RIVER CARD! I don't know who was more relieved, me or the dealer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version