POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for New TDA rules and amendments to existing rules READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre 2017 Summit

Auto All-in & Auto Call Rule

<< < (2/5) > >>

Max D:
I am with Nick on that one, I don't think a player should be forced to call because he has the chips to do it...  After all it is their chips to use as they want, and what if suddenly they have two or three of these calls to make in a few rotations...  and loose all three and become short stack because of the "2.5 blind" rules?  I don't see it as a fair rule and believe that any chips going into the pot are a player's decision.

Max

Dave Miller:
 I agree with Nick and Max.

This is no different than the very controversial rule that a player with the nuts in position is forced to bet on the final street.

You can't force a player to make a bet if they don't want to. Period.

Terence Bertault:
Hi Max,

I'm agreed with you on the multiple same actions in few or maybe one rotation ... It's for me the most important fact against the application of this rule.

So what ? Don t write a rule and let the players easily teamplay ??

In the auto-call rule, we talk about big stack maybe after three calls he s not a big stack anymore ?

Where TDs using this rule have seen it ? Have you seen it write before somewhere ?

I don t force it to call, I penalize him if he doesn t !! ^^
The penalty can be very very light ...

:)

Max D:
Terence,

I think the difference seems to be that most of the TD here are not seeing a lot of collusion in our game, you may have a different problem if a lot of players are willing to cheat, of course you always have the option to build-in a "house rule" for your games if it is really an issue.

Max

Brian Vickers:
Eeek. Sorry, I appreciate the idea behind this, but there comes a point in the tournament where 2.5BB is a huge chunk of change.  Sorry, people may play their hand how they want, but if you suspect collusion you have the right to inspect that hand and if you believe the evidence points to collusion or dumping handle that accordingly.  In a satellite or at a final table I may want to blind my way into the money and not call of any extra chips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version