POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for New TDA Rules and amendments to existing rules: READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre 2019 Summit

Multiple short all-ins, re-opening the bet, minimum amt to raise etc.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nick C:
A couple suggestions to consider: for Reopening Betting

No Limit & Pot Limit

#1)In order for any player to bet after checking, or raise after previously betting on any betting round, the following condition must exist...The player who checked must face a full bet or: The player must be facing at least the equivalent of 100% of his or her previous last bet from the current betting round.
                                                                   Or
#2)A short all-in wager that does not double the size of any bettors last wager on that round will not allow them the opportunity to raise. A player that checks on their first option will not be allowed to check-raise unless they are facing a required minimum wager...this includes an all-in bet.

Nick C:
I thought I might hear from a few members regarding this subject. I'd like some thoughts about the changes I suggested.

Thanks,
Nick

Max D:
- I agree with the clarification in #2,
- I am little confused with #1:
  -  "The player who checked must face a full bet " makes sense.
  - "The player must be facing at least the equivalent of 100% of his or her previous last bet from the current betting round", I am not sure what it means.

Max

Nick C:
Max,

First of all, I want to thank you for your response. I think I am trying to make the rule as brief as possible. However, I think sometimes they do need more explanation. Let me see if This makes more sense.

#1a) Whenever a player opens betting or calls a bet, the only way he can raise on that round is if his or her initial wager is raised at least 100%. #1b) Any player who checks may call any bet but is restricted from raising unless he or she is facing a full legal bet.

Example: No limit blinds 50 & 100 post flop: Adam checks...Bobby bets 100...Cindy goes all-in for 190...Donna folds...action returns to Adam...he may fold, call 190, or raise. Adam may raise because of Bobby's bet of 100. If Adam does choose to raise, his raise must be at least 100 more bringing his total min raise to 290.  If Adam decides to only call Cindy's all-in bet of 190, Bobby can fold or call 90 more...he may not raise because Cindy's short all-in was not at least 100% of his last wager.

I'm running out of time. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Max.

GreggPath:
Nick,

What do you think of this wording?

A player may only raise if it is their first opportunity to act in the current round or if they are facing a total bet which is at least double what they have already wagered in the current round.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version