LIVE CASH GAME POKER RULES DISCUSSION > Live Cash Game Rules Questions

Revealing cards prematurely, showing cards, talking about cards

<< < (2/2)

brandoroc:
Sorry I'm late in replying back. Thanks for the time and effort answering my questions.

You'd really kill the first hand? I understand a penalty but killing a live hand?

Brian Vickers:

A) Four players in the hand. Pre flop- Two players limp, Small blind calls, big blind rasies, next to act pushes all in, and then turns their hand over. Next to act ask for a ruling. What should the dealer do? What are all the players options?
To me this realistically isn't so bad, although I do agree that it warrants a warning.  What's on the plus side here is that all players have an equal opportunity to react to this information.  To me it would be much more grievous if player A went all-in, player B called then showed Player C calls and shows his hand before player D had a chance to act.  The difference is that only Player D has a chance to react to this information, which is unfair to players A and B.  That being said, the ruling in my cardroom would be a warning for first offense followed by asking the player to leave for the day should he do it again.  I would never kill the hand.  Ever.
B) Heads up- first to act makes a bet. Next to act flips one card over and ask if that card worries him/her. What's first to act options? Also what's does the dealer need to do?
Heads up in a cash game if one player exposes his hand the dealer should do nothing except clarify with the the player who turned his cards over if he is folding or not, as it can sometimes be unclear.  Otherwise, as long as both players understand that it is not a muck, the players are free to do what they want heads up.. at least until someone calls the clock.

2) p.s. how much can player talk about his\her hand? I know a player can't tell what cards they have/had. I just want to know how much talking is allowed in a cash game
heads up, anything goes, multi-way pot there should be no talking that discloses the content of a hand or could affect another player's equity in a hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version