POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Poker TDA Rules & Procedures Questions, General

Folding OOT

(1/3) > >>

BillM16:
This happened at a local poker club yesterday.

NLHE:  It's pre-flop and the UTG+1 player, sitting in seat 6, quickly tosses both cards facedown into the center of the table toward the dealer.  The dealer says: "Wait, it's seat 5's turn."  UTG, in seat 5, makes a min-raise.  The dealer then says to UTG+1: "The action has changed. So, you can have your hand back and you can either call, raise, or fold."

What do you say?

Regards,
B~ 

Boris:
Hello Bill,

According to me, an OOT fold should always bind (and get 1 hand penalty but this is another story)
I did not dig into the archives but I think this OOT rule might have been made to allow OOT calling players retrieve their money when facing an unexpected raise from the skipped player.

Also, this rule is highly exploitable by a player holding a big hand in specific situations.

---

After getting a read, Rule 43 44 says OOT fold is binding. (Thank you Greg)

GreggPath:

--- Quote from: Boris Mauboussin on June 11, 2018, 01:56:13 PM ---After getting a read, Rule 43 says OOT fold is binding.

--- End quote ---

Actually I think it's Rule 44, but I agree. OOT fold is binding.

Uniden32:
I can't imagine a scenario where I'm allowing a player to unfold.

Dave Miller:
I’ve seen OOT folders try to unfold, but only so that their action doesn’t cause additional OOT action.

I point to the action player and announce “action is over here.” Then, while mucking the OOT folder’s cards, tell him “it’s OK, everybody knows you’re folding. Just wait your turn in the future.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version