POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Suggestions for New TDA rules and amendments to existing rules READ-ONLY ARCHIVES Pre 2017 Summit

Rule 44: clarifying language needed on short all-ins totalling a full min raise?

(1/10) > >>

MikeB:
Is any clarifying language to Rule 44 (Re-Opening the Bet) needed to clarify situations where the min raise is reached by multiple short all-ins rather than one single min raise?

Such as:

"In no-limit and pot limit, an all-in wager of less than a full raise does not reopen betting for a player who has already acted and is not facing a bet amount totaling at least a full raise when the action returns to him. In limit, at least 50% of a full raise is required to re-open betting for players who have already acted. See Addendum".

"In no-limit and pot limit, an all-in wager of less than a full raise does not reopen betting for a player who has already acted and is not facing a total bet that constitutes at least a full raise when the action returns to him. In limit, at least 50% of a full raise is required to re-open betting for players who have already acted. See Addendum".

or, with more explanatory language in the rule itself:

"In no-limit and pot limit, an all-in wager of less than a full raise does not reopen betting for a player who has already acted and is not facing at least a full raise when the action returns to him. The full raise may result from of a min raise by a single player or multiple players making short all-in wagers that total a min raise. In limit, at least 50% of a full raise is required to re-open betting for players who have already acted. See Addendum.

BillM16:
Mike, I suggest wording that states what "does" versus "does not" reopen betting.  For example:

In no-limit and pot limit games, betting is reopened for a player who has already acted provided they are facing a wager that is minimally a full raise over their previous wager.  In limit games, betting is reopened if facing a wager that is minimally 50% of a full raise.  After a player has acted, any wager that is a minimal raise can reopen betting to that player.  This includes multiple short all-in wagers that result in a minimal raise.

Nick C:
Mike and Bill,

I can't tell you how important a change would be. I like all of the suggestions. however if we could somehow better define that the "short" all-in is NOT a full raise but is recognized as such for all-in players. I prefer this as opposed to our back and forth with the same comments from both sides.

Mike, I'll work on a suggestion or two and pass them along for your input.

Thanks for not dropping this important subject.

Nick C:

Mike I will add my suggestions to your prior post and see what you think. I will highlight my input in green.

"In no-limit and pot limit, an (increased bet) from an all-in (player) of less than a full raise (will) reopen betting for a player who has already acted if the amount equals 100% of the original bet. (A player who has "checked" on his turn to act may participate when action returns to him.) In limit, at least 50% of a full raise is required to re-open betting for players who have already acted. See Addendum". 

chet:
I vote for the Mike B's third example.  It is clear, concise and does not introduce any new terms/words that may require clarification.

'nuff said!!

Chet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version