Author Topic: Showdown  (Read 6892 times)

alex

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Showdown
« on: December 07, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
Hi all, had this situation last night, on a cash game table with blinds 2/5$ , 3 players in the hand , pre-flop player A went all in ,followed by player B then player C , the dealer deal the board with 5 cards of clubs , player C asked both players A & B if they are holding any card of clubs in their hand ,both answered with a No , player A opened his hand then player B ,but player C throw his hand face down in front of him this is when the dealer did muck his hand while he try to stop her. ( player C was aware they all r playing the board)
-Is player C  intitled to split the pot with the other 2 players or he lost this right for the split.
-Does he have to open his hand to take part of the pot or just playing the bord is enough.
Hope I made the situation clear..Ty...

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Showdown
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
Hello Alex,

We all know what would happen in a tournament, all cards would have to be tabled. The fact that it's a cash game, in my opinion, makes a difference. If the remaining player's were playing the board, I'd have a tough time not splitting the pot three ways. I know there are many that won't agree with me but, as long as he hung around for the river card and there were no uncalled bets, I think that's the right thing to do.

Tristan

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
I agree with Nick.

I think C should be included in the chop.  I think it varies by house rules whether they need to show to play the board or not.  If they put their own cards in the muck, I would not include them...but it sounds like they tried to prevent the dealer from mucking them. 

I could see how others could argue the other way as ultimately a player is responsible for protecting their own cards.  This is just my opinion.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 12:22:21 PM by Tristan »
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

chet

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
FWIW:

I agree with both Nick and Tristan.  Player C, based on the information provided, only placed his hand face down in front of him and did not make any motion towards the muck.  Accordingly, his hand should be live and he should receive his share.

Chet

Stuart Murray

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »
Agreed with all, I wouldn't really want to split the pot 3 ways but I probably would, however it would come with a stern warning that next time it happens to anyone at the table the face-up cards would win the pot only.

Spence

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:43:09 AM »
I have only a small addition to make here.  In our cash games we always said players would not have to open if they declared they were playing the board.  If you declared then mucked your hand face down that was okay for us. 

In this circumstance player C never stated that he was playing the board but both the other players did and he put his cards in face down as well.  I think that is simple enough to understand that this would be a three-way chop as all were playing the board.

I just want to be clear though that this is explicitly a cash game rule and declaring you are playing the board then mucking your hand would have VERY different consequences in a tournament.

Spence