Author Topic: Player forced to call all-in?  (Read 12237 times)

Tristan

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Player forced to call all-in?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »
Tristan,

I see it much different...but I guess I always do :)

Oh, I know it is different...I'm just curious if you would still allow Chet to raise any amount and still offer the same options to Nick (Must call min raise and then decide whether to call the other amount) or what ruling you would make.  Keep in mind that both hands are now exposed. 
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »
Tristan,

I must be missing something. You're asking me if I would allow a player to call a hand that they can see? That has them beat? If that's not chip dumping,
 I don't know what is! No...I would not!

Tristan

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 10:32:04 AM »
I'm surprised that no one brought up conditional statements! 

Couldn't it be viewed as saying call and flipping up cards that the player is basically saying "I call whatever your raise is"?
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Unregistered84

• TDA Member
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 02:32:11 AM »
This is a little bit old but something similar happened not long ago in our poker club, and this was the rulling:

My rulling in a situation like this (even if a minimum raise is close to what an all-in means or is a big difference) is that Player B is forced to call the minimum raise of Player A and then decide to call or fold the remaining chips (if any) from Player A raise

Take this example:
Blinds  100/200, Player A stack 20.000, Player B 15.000
Pot is 2.000 until river,
Player B bets 500, Player A says raise (doesn’t get to say the amount), when Player B calls and flips his cards.
The next step in my opinion is to make Player B to put another 500 in the pot (mandatory), and return action to Player A to declare his raise and then Player B can decide what to do next (call or fold).
I don’t think is in the best interest and fairness of the game to force Player B  to call an all-in from Player A, forcing this way to pot another 14.500 chips in the 2000 pot.

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 04:59:16 AM »
Agree with previous poster:  He has already verbally commited at least the min-raise amount to the pot when he announced a call.
I would force player B to commit the min-raise amount to the pot regardless, return action to player A and have him state his raise amount.  Player B now may call the difference or forfeit the call of the min-raise to the pot and fold. 

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 09:31:29 AM »
I agree with both, (unregistered84 and Brian).