POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Discussion of Rules by Specific Game Types

Multiple exposed cards in a stud deal

<< < (2/2)

K-Lo:
So, similar to the situation where there has been a premature deal of the next street?  That's not what I did, but I don't mind it actually. It would be easier to apply.  And I agree only in situations where it is impossible to determine the proper order of the cards, as that is always preferred.

How do you feel about other possibilities?  Immediately reshuffling the "flop" into the deck and redealing?  Dealing the next street and then reshuffling?  Scrambling the cards and dealing those out on the same street at random? 

Nick C:
Ken,

It's not that I would necessarily object to one of the methods you've mentioned...it's just that I've never seen it. There are times when heavy action has already occurred on the opening betting round. It seems like a lot of work, and there's no guarantee that any of those exposed cards will ever be dealt. I like to put myself in the position of one of those players. Can you imagine sitting in the Two seat, and watching your third King get re-shuffled into the deck?

I guess maybe it was easier for me to make that call because every dealer had to use the exact same method when placing the flop on the board. Come on dealers, let's concentrate!

I've done it myself, when dealing, back in the day. Talk about feeling like a fool! ::)

Tristan:
I personally like just reshuffling it.

Nick C:
Tristan,

You would rather reshuffle the exposed cards into the deck stub, really?

Why do you feel that's better? You are changing the complete possibility, that the maximum number of proper cards are dealt. I prefer: preserve the highest possible number of proper cards to each player...that is the correct card they would have received if the error did not occur.

If you feel that strongly about it, just put it in your house rules. Any time the dealer places a flop onto the table, in a stud type game, the exposed cards will be reshuffled and re-dealt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version