GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARDS > General discussion of poker industry topics

Late Entrants Stacks

<< < (2/2)

K-Lo:

--- Quote from: Martin Roy TD on August 20, 2013, 05:31:22 AM ---For me, I don't see a big difference between a Late Entrants and a player who Late Register for an event.

--- End quote ---

If you are able to keep the tables full and balanced near the beginning of the tournament, then I would tend to agree with you, Martin.

I'm curious now going forward... do you feel that there is a need to do something to encourage people to register early? 

Martin Roy TD:
I think so, but what ?

More players who early register guarantee you that they will come to your event.

Late Registration players can always change their mind... 

Tristan:

--- Quote from: Martin Roy TD on August 20, 2013, 07:31:25 AM ---More players who early register guarantee you that they will come to your event.

Late Registration players can always change their mind... 

--- End quote ---

True

Spence:
This may only be band-aid to cover the gunshot but could you have an add-on for late entrants that would allow them to top up a certain amount?  For 10% of the initial fee you can purchase back any chips that were blinded off.  It means more in the prize pool and those who are late to have their choice to top up or take a blinded off stack.  I see the issue with people not being on time still though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version