GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARDS > General discussion of poker industry topics

Standardization of rules -- a pipe dream?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tristan:

--- Quote from: Nick C on March 25, 2013, 03:13:21 PM ---Well that was my 2 Cents, with an all-in raise to a nickel. ;D
--- End quote ---

You threw in your 2c before you said 'raise', I'm going to have to hold you to a call sir.

K-Lo:
You highlight one of the key issues... What happens when new rules are adopted by non-TDA organizers?  If we say that we simply shouldn't incorporate any new rules, then that is just going to further discourage widespread use of TDA rules because you are discouraging buy-in from other the organizers.  You cannot force others to comply by having them adopt rules (or not to adopt rules) if they believe they have a good reason for implementing the new rule.

As Tristan pointed out, many smaller card rooms simply choose to adopt TDA rules as a default, often without adopting any additional house rules, or very few of them.  That is a huge step.  In an ideal world though, the "bigger players" would do the same, thus leading by example.  But we don't see this happening, leading me to think aloud about what the real barriers to the movement really are.

K-Lo:

--- Quote from: Tristan on March 25, 2013, 03:42:27 PM ---You threw in your 2c before you said 'raise', I'm going to have to hold you to a call sir.

--- End quote ---

Ha ha.  Love it!  :P

Nick C:
Okay guys...here it is in a nutshell. How many new poker rooms adopted the TDA rules since Accepted Action was introduced in 2011?

Who knows? Does anyone care to make a wager? More new followers after 2011, or a drop-off in followers?

K-Lo:
Just saw the announcement that Jack Effel (WSOP), Tab from Borgata and Neil from PokerStars are joining the board.  Great additions, and glad they accepted.  This is a big step towards greater standardization for sure.  Hurray and welcome.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version