GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARDS > General discussion of poker industry topics

Standardization of rules -- a pipe dream?

<< < (3/3)

Tristan:
Nice!

K-Lo:
The more that I think about this, the more I think this is probably the biggest news on the rules front this year... And it does not even involve a rule change!  Whoever came up with the idea of opening the doors on the board to WSOP and PokerStars live rulemakers is a genius.  Sure, there may still be discrepancies between different tournament rules and TDA rules, but at least the chances that there will be an open dialogue and some attempt at uniformity are undoubtedly much higher now than they were before.

Nick C:
Ken,

Well said, and I'm sure our members agree. I can't wait for the new board members to respond on our forum. Their participation will be just what we need.

Linda Johnson:
Hi,
We are very happy to have our new Board members and obviously we are eager to get a lot of uniformity in rules with the WPT, WSOP, EPT, etc. Of course there still will be some rules that will be unique to each venue's rule book. I've been proud to be a founding TDA member and a Board member since its inception, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how our new members help to expand the TDA mission.
Linda Johnson

Spence:
It's nice to hear a board member chime in on this so thanks Linda.  I also agree that we are going to have some regional differences but the core rules do need to be standardized.  When I wrote the tournament rules for our poker rooms first big event I had 84 of them.  A few were specific cases that needed addressing in our card room but the core TDA rules were in there.  The other issue is that we all have jurisdiction to deal with. A lot of government partnership throws a wrench in what we're trying to accomplish. 
I think that the TDA rules should cover the minimum that a room can run by and doing so would allow the rules to continue to evolve as the years go on and the game changes.  It should be the first (now 41) rules of any property or event and regional rules can follow that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version