Author Topic: Misdeals, Premature Flops, Burn & Board Card Errors  (Read 59191 times)

Tristan

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Misdeals, Premature Flops, Burn & Board Card Errors
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »
I think that AA will stay as well, I think at most it will receive a bit of rewording or clarifying. 

As for the other thing, I think that killing the hand of the last to act when facing a bet is a bit harsh.  Some dealers do operate pretty fast, and the situation can escalate quickly in times like those.  Even if you decide to use rule 1 at that time, they may have already given away their hand a bit because they were upset thinking their hand was to be killed. 

It might be more confusing, but I like keeping the board card(s) there in a checked round and redoing the board card(s) in the case that a bet was faced and the last player was skipped.
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »
I do appreciate that the situation can escalate quickly.  I'll have to think more about this one... As I said, I don't mind the distinction as suggested by Nick, and the other related alternative would be to clarify that the dealer dealing a new board card constitutes an action explicitly within the definition of substantial action -- that could be a simpler solution.   I am trying to predict what will be an easier sell...

Tristan

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2013, 01:18:43 PM »
clarify that the dealer dealing a new board card constitutes an action explicitly within the definition of substantial action -- that could be a simpler solution.

Our cash side of the room uses this.  We deem any two actions as substantial and the dealer does count as one.  I like it.

Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »
Ken & Tristan,

I like considering the dealer as one of the persons counting for substantial action...

Tristan, I never liked the retraction of the board on a checked round when the last player was skipped but, it is a major change that would affect rules that have been on the books forever.

I know that we are all aware; the problem we speak of is completely on the dealer. I respect what Ken has pointed out about the time that it takes to tap, and burn before the dealer tables a card but, IMO we are opening a way for some players to argue for a new card, or play the premature card if they like it. Currently, the dealer screws-up and the card can not play.

I also like the proposal for a skipped player (not last to act) on a checked round to have a live hand, as if he had also checked. I believe he currently could reopen the betting if he were skipped by only 1 or even 2 players.

I would also insist that the skipped player (facing a bet) has a dead hand once the dealer taps, burns and turns.