Author Topic: PLO - Betting more than the pot  (Read 39425 times)

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: PLO - Betting more than the pot
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
Tristan et all:

If you want to make a list of items that are subject to the rule, in other words some examples, but you don't want that list to be all inclusive, then you need to begin the list with "Including, but not limited to, the following:".

Tristan

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
Right, and that is the way it is worded currently. 

54:   Etiquette Violations
Repeated etiquette violations will result in penalties. Examples include, but are not limited to, unnecessarily touching other players’ cards or chips, delay of the game, repeatedly acting out of turn or excessive chatter.

So what I am trying to figure out if it is ok the way it is, if unclear betting should be added to the list, or if there should be a specific list of violations.

I am fine with the way it is, and I am good with adding unclear betting terms in the examples.  I just wonder about making a specific list; we would have to be very thorough.
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

chet

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »
Tristan:

Personally, I would leave it as it is.  I am somewhat concerned that the rules and so forth are going to get so long and detailed that nobody will be able to keep up to speed unless they have a printed copy at all times.  Besides, we as the TD need to be able to use these rules as teaching tools for the new players as well as enforcement tools for the angle shooters.  Flexibility is very important and if we start putting each and every situation in a list we risk the chance of loosing that.

chet

Tristan

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »
Yep, yep!  ;D  The shorter the rules are, the easier time I have memorizing them!
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »
I also like the idea of short rules...However, I would not object to a list of examples that would better explain when, and why, a rule has been broken.

I will use TDA #26 At Your Seat as an example: A player must be at his seat by the time all players have been dealt complete initial hands in order to have a live hand. A player must be at his seat in order to call time. At your seat means either seated or standing in front of your table position, or within arms reach of your chair, or....

How about TDA #43 String Bets and Raises?  I know all TDA members are aware of what a string bet, or string raise is...but do you think a brief explanation would be a bad idea?